Thursday, April 29, 2010

On The Agenda for the Hudson Valley Art Owl


All work and now play makes the Hudson Valley Art Owl a dull blogger.

Here's what's coming up this weekend:


Saturday May 1st from 6-9 at the Ann Street Gallery in Newburgh NY will be the opening reception of Sensing Space: Contemporary Interpretations of the Landscape.

I'm excited to check out the show and the gallery space. I've been meaning to check out the Ann Street Gallery, but the few times I've walked over it's been between shows.



This Friday, April 30th at The Falcon in Marlboro NY is singer/songwriter Dayna Kurtz and on Saturday, May 1st is the Jerome Sabbagh quartet. The scenic patio (overlooking a waterfall!) opens up at 5 and the music commences at 7.

If you have not yet made the trip to The Falcon I highly recommend going.
Good food, good music, good people.
Just overall goodness!

I'm also thinking about doing the Artist Soap Box Derby this summer in Kingston NY.
I heard about it during the Cultural Stimulus talk at the Beahive in Kingston.
Want to help out and build a box car? Perhaps an owl box car? Hoot Hoot!


What's on the horizon for the Hudson Valley Art Owl?
  • Local Artists! I plan on having weekly post about local artist. Short biographies, photos of work, etc. If you are or know a local artist who would want to be shown here contact me! HVArtOwl@yahoo.com
  • Working with The Watershed Post this summer means expanding to the Catskills. Post about art and events from up North will be coming soon. Know anything that I should blog about in the Catskills? Comment and fill me in: HVArtOwl@yahoo.com
  • A Facebook page to connect with those on Facebook!
  • A Flickr account to show photos from all my adventures.

As always, be sure to fill me in on things I should blog about.

Hoot Hoot.







1 comment:

  1. please credit the author and source when you use a picture without asking ...

    ReplyDelete