Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frances Lehman Loeb and Barrett Art Center's Photowork 2010


Yesterday, In an effort to kill some time before the Barrett Art Center's Photowork 2010 opening reception I visted the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center at Vassar College. Their current exhibit is not in the regular gallery space, no it's much more innovative.

The exhibit Harry Roseman: Hole in the Wall is a site-specefic installation in the entryway to the main galleries commissioned by Harry Roseman.


Never one to be disappointed at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the main galleries provide a great oeuvre of work to enjoy, many with recognizable names for almost everyone.


It's upsetting that this great art center will be closed from May 18th 2010 until January 2011 to do repairs on the roof. I recommend taking the trip to come see it before it closes.

Afterwards, I made my way to the Barrett Art Center's Photowork 2010 reception. Unfortunately my camera's batteries died within the first few minutes, so I wasn't able to take many photos. Heres what I did get:



And click here : Via Twitter.com/HVArtOwl to get a feel of who was there!

Photowork 2010 juried photography exhibition by Nat Trotman, Associate Curator at the Guggenheim. The photographs are from a wide range of local residents and reasonably priced. It'll be up until May 15th and is definitely worth checking out.

This upcoming week I have a lot of free time to go check out the Hudson Valley! Any ideas on where I should go and what I should do? Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment