Friday, April 9, 2010

Hudson Valley Art Owl Update


Almost 2 weeks without updates? Shame on me!

Here's what is on the Hudson Valley Art Owl's agenda for the next couple weeks:

The Ann Street Gallery's opening on Fahrenheit
t 180: A Group Encaustic Exhibition on Saturday, April 10th from 6 to 9 pm in Newburgh NY.



Cultural Stimulus: Arts & Culture as Economic and Community Driver
Monday, April 19th from 5:30-7:30 pm at Beahive in Kingston NY.
(A great talk to learn about the benefits of the arts in communities.)
For more information click here!



basquiat shoulder

Hopefully, sometime this week I'll be able to check out the
Andy Warhol: Private and Public in 151 Photographs Exhibition
at Samuel Dorsky Museum at SUNY New Paltz.
Opening was tonight, but the exhibition goes on till September 26th.
There is also a gallery talk by artist Billy Name on the exhibit.
For more information click here!

David Curtis

Photowork '10 at the Barrett Art Center in Poughkeepsie NY.
23rd Annual National Juried Photography Exhibition.
April 17th – May 15th, 2010

Juried by Nat Trotman, Associate Curator at the
Guggenheim Museum of Art, New York City

Opening is Saturday, April 17th from 4-6pm.

(I'm excited to check this out, as The Barrett Art Center will be my summer internship.)


And, as always, The Falcon in Marlboro NY has a great line-up for Fridays and Saturdays in April. A great place to check out quality music and enjoy a bite to eat.

As for my next town/city visit? I've received some ideas for Northern Dutchess County, such as Rhinebeck, Bard, Red Hook. Also, Rosendale, Woodstock, and Beacon. Unfortunately, I haven't had a free weekend in a while to check these places out, but I'll try my best to make it out to all of them. When I do, be sure to check out the spots shown on my blog for my business tags.

Have a place in the Hudson Valley not mentioned above that I should visit? Let me know either here or on Twitter! To read my tweets hoots and be my twitter friend click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment