Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On the Agenda:

What's coming up for the Hudson Valley Art Owl?


Newburgh Performing Arts Academy Annual Art Exhibition at the Yellowbird building (19 Front Street). The opening was held on Monday, from 6-8 pm. Unfortunately I could not make it, so either tonight or tomorrow night I plan on stopping by and seeing the future artists of tomorrow.

Viewing times are from Tuesday May 11th- Thursday May 13th, from 6 until 7pm.



Also in Newburgh, NY, is the opening reception for "The Eye of an Artists...the Mind of a Photojournalist" on Saturday, May 15th, 3pm at the Crawford House on Montgomery Street. The Crawford house will be displaying the work of Ralph Aiello, an award winning photojournalist. Pay close attention to the photographs in this show, some of them may have been taken just down the street!

The exhibit will be up until the end of the year.


As for the Hudson Valley Art Owl's explorations, I was unable to make it to Kingston last weekend. I plan on visiting this Friday, starting off in the requested town of Rosendale, taking 32 up to Kingston, checking out Rondout, Broadway, and Wall Street. If anyone has any other suggestions, such as exhibits, studios, music venues, etc to check out let me know!


This weekend at The Falcon in Marlboro, NY:


Chris Cubeta's Song Writer Project, Friday May 14th 7pm.


Adam Arcuragi, Saturday, May 15th at 7pm.

Also on Saturday, May 15th, The Falcon will be open from 12-4pm for a Reggae lunch! Listen to Paul Roach & the Young Lions will enjoying good food, drinks, and a lovely patio setting.


Hudson Valley Art Owl News

I'm looking for arts enthusiast to help out the Hudson Valley Art Owl by keeping me informed about the happenings in their town. I cannot offer pay, but if anyone would like to write about the arts in their town, or has photos, etc, I'll gladly post it to the Hudson Valley Art Owl blog and provide much linkage!

Soon, I'll be exploring the Catskills, as well the Hudson Valley, in order to write about the arts and towns north of us for the Watershed Post! Be on the look-up for these post in a couple weeks. Any ideas or suggestions on where to go in the Catskills?


The more fans/likes I get the more interactive the page can become!

Any ideas on what I should do next? Am I missing information? Let me know!
HVArtOwl@yahoo.com

Hoot Hoot!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on this great opportunity, I work for an arts distribution and subscription company and if I hear anything I'd be happy to let you know! I'd love oyu feed back on my blog!

    ReplyDelete